– Fed Cuts Again; Where Will Mortgage Rates Go?
– Mortgage Lenders Struggle to Keep Up With Demand
– Shiller on Coronavirus Effect
– Equity Up $489 Billion in Q4
– Steep Competition Expected This Spring
– Fannie Mae HPSI Dips Slightly in February
– December Delinquency Rate Drops
– Analyst: Housing Much Stronger Now Than in Last Recession
– YIMBY Act Passes House
– Wealthy Millennials Choosing Smaller Houses, Shorter Commutes
– Commuting Costs Time and Money
– Gen Xers Are Most Likely to Hear ‘No’ to Mortgage Application
– Square Footage Determinations Are Not Easy
Welcome back to our special- “Buying in the Spring Market!’ All about getting the home of your dreams – in the hottest, fastest and most competitive real estate market of the year.
We talk a lot here on the show, about the team you’ll need to buy a house. The REALTOR®. The lender. The appraiser. The home inspector, the title attorney and more.
But right now, we’re going to talk about one of the most important members of your team…who frankly? Gets no respect. The Rodney Dangerfield of real estate.
Seriously. I mean think about it. If you buy a house – and someone asks how it went. You might say – it went great! I have the BEST REALTOR®! Or maybe – It went great! I have the best lender!
But – have you ever said – it went great! I have the BEST termite inspector!
Welcome back to our special – “Buying in the Spring Market!,” an in-depth look at how to navigate the Spring Market, – IF your goal is to buy a home of your own.
Ever hear that old saying, ‘every real estate market is different?’ Well, it’s true. What’s happening in Seattle is NOT the same as what’s happening in Cleveland.
And the same thing is true of home buyers. Every buyer is different. Which leads me to ask: what kind of home buyer are you?
– 30-Year Mortgage Falls to Record Low
– Refinancing is Booming
– Housing Market Is 3.3 Million Homes Short
– CoreLogic: Home Prices Climb 4% in January
– Coronavirus’s Impact on Real Estate
– U.S. Economy, Housing Remain Strong: Kudlow
– Construction Spending Rises in January
– Apple Sets In Motion Affordable Housing Loan Fund
– Mortgage Demand Could Outstrip Supply
– House Committee Approves ‘Housing Fairness Act’
– Analyst: Homebuilder Stocks To Do Well
– Telecommuting Lets Americans Move to More Affordable Cities
– Nashville Tornado Shakes Real Estate Community
– House Panel Studies Proposed HUD Budget
– Minnesota Works Toward More Affordability
– Typical Mortgage Payment U.S. Homebuyers Committed to in 2019 Dropped from Prior Year
Back again now with our special “The Spring Market.” All about the tactics, techniques and strategies for thriving in the hottest real estate market of the year.
We’re going to wrap up this hour of the show with some seller strategies. And we’ll do the same thing for buyers – at the end of our next hour.
If you’ve decided to sell in the spring market, 2020 – congratulations. Good move. More homes sell between the months of April and June, than in any other part of the year. It’s prime time…when sellers have the best possible chance of selling for the maximum profit in the minimum time.
We’re going to wrap up today’s with strategies for buyers in this Spring Market – how to get that house – in what might be a competitive situation. Because after all, in many markets, there are more buyers – than there are homes for sale. So…how do you win?
First of all, talk to your REALTOR® about getting a good lender lined up. Or two or three. And then? Get pre-approved for the mortgage. Not pre-qualified – pre-approved. To do that, you’ll have to submit a pile of paperwork to the lender – but do that first! Why? Well, if you find a house and make an offer, no seller is going to wait for you, while you talk to a lender. Nope. Instead they’ll move on to the next buyer who IS pre-approved. So that’s your first step.
– Fed Cuts Interest Rate Over Coronavirus Fears
– Housing Will Withstand Coronavirus Storm
– New Home Sales Spike in January
– Pace of Home Price Appreciation is Stepping Up
– Redfin Reports Intense Early Competition
– Tampa Aims to Boost Affordable Housing Stock
– Millennials Eager To Buy, But Face Affordability and Availability Hurdles
– New Single-Family Home Size Inches Downward
– Racial Disparities in Homeownership
– Features That Make Buyers Drool
– Hot Start to 2020 for Florida
– BofA Chief: Online Mortgage Refi Applications Surge
– Coldwell Banker Waives Franchise Fees for Minorities, Military Vets
– Investors Find Advantages to Pet-Friendly Rentals
Back again now, with our special ‘Countdown to Spring!’ All about you, your house and what’s on the way – in the Spring Market of 2020.
Now one thing’s abundantly clear. Every time we enter a new real estate market, winter, spring, summer or fall…it seems we have a brand new crop of smart home technology to talk about.
Innovations that are changing homes, habits and lives in households all across America.
And so today, I’m delighted to share some news with you. Good news, about Smart Home Tech, you, and me.
Back again now with our special Countdown to Spring! All about you, your real estate, and the upcoming spring Market 2020!
We’re going to end up today’s show, with a quick conversation about something brand new. In our first hour I told you about a brand new podcast we’ve started. A spin-off of real estate today. A podcast is all about the real estate, and the smart home tech in your life. It’s called Smart Home today, and it’s based on the smart home technology reports we do almost every week right here on real estate today.