– Quicken Loans CEO: Fed Rate Cuts Would Have Little Mortgage Impact
– Gap Widens Between What Buyers Want And What’s For Sale
– Trump Signs Law Abolishing VA Loan Limits
– Looming Mansion Tax Touches Off Buying Spree in NYC
– Bay Area Still Hot, But Moderating
– Alt-Doc Loans Make Fitch Experts Nervous
– Are Millennials Giving Up on Home Ownership?
– The Best Way to Vacuum a Room
– 8.2 Million Homeowners Could Be Refinancing
– Big Yard or Shorter Commute?
– Are The Suburbs Cool Again?
– Data Breach Exposes Two Billion Records From Smart-Home Devices
– Cost of Keeping the Lights On, By State
– Florida Couple Plants Veggies in Front Yard — Now Legal
Welcome back to our special – “Secrets of the Pros!” All about the real estate techniques pros use every day – which you might not know about.
Now – here’s a secret for you – something every real estate professional knows about. Something that makes them smile. Something that sounds pretty unconventional.
But here we go. I’m talking about burying a statue of St. Joseph in your yard. That’s right – burying a statue of St Joseph….the patron saint of the family and household needs.
Plenty of home sellers say that after burying a little statue of St Joseph on the property, their place sold – within days. Many people are convinced – it’s the best way to get the property sold…when it otherwise might sit on the market, month after month.
As we wrap up today’s, ‘Secrets of the Pros,’ I wanted to share a simple idea – that can make the difference between making or breaking the deal. And that is – to keep your eyes on the prize – at all times. The prize, of course, is a successful transaction, in which the seller sells, the buyer buys, and everyone walks away happy.
Sometimes transactions go smoothly. I wish they all did! But sometimes they don’t. The buyer and seller might disagree on something big, or small. And if they really dig in…that one issue could become a deal-killer.