- A ‘Starbucks-Effect’ on Home Prices?
- Super Termites Are Eating Up Homes
- Top Towns for an ‘Affordable’ Retirement
- The Growth of Two Homes in One
- Detroit Buyers Mostly Pay Cash for Homes
- Seniors Consider Property Tax Deferrals to Stay in Homes Longer
- Gen Z May May Be Serious Competition for Millennials in Housing
- Non-Banks Are the New Mortgage Kings
- This Commercial Giant Says Shopping Malls Aren’t Dead
- The Home’s Yard Is Costing Buyers More
- Homeownership Lags for Black, Latino Millennials
- Would the White House Pass a Home Inspection?
Continue reading “Top News Of The Week” »
Back with our special “Show Me the Money!” All about your money, your real estate – and you!
We’re going to wrap up this hour of the show with a little talk about buying a house.
You know, when people talk about getting ready to buy, they often head – well, you can get a good mortgage with just 3% down.
And that’s true. But – that’s not the end of the story. Because if you have a 3% down payment saved up, but nothing else? You probably won’t get the house. Because to qualify for the home loan, yes, you’ll need that down payment, but also, money for two other things – closing costs, and reserves. As in, money in the bank.
Continue reading “Closing Costs” »
Back now with our special “Show Me the Money!” An in-depth look owning a home of your own – and, how to pay for it!
And we’re going to wrap up today’s show with a quick recap of what you’ll need to buy a home….and how to get it. OK?
Now let’s start low, and build up.
First, if you qualify for a VA loan – they allow a zero down payment. If you are a veteran or an active duty service member, you need to know that.
Continue reading “The Summary Sheet!!!” »